MD335/Box 66, No. 2
Confirmation. William de Percy to Fountains Abbey , for the health of his
soul and that of Sybil his wife and for the souls of their ancestors. The
gift of Ulf son of Roschil, 1/2 carucate of land in Malhum, with all its
liberties and appurtenences, as that gift was established between the parties
in the prescence of the Chapter of St. Wilfrid of Ripon. Witnesses: Alan
the canon of York, Nicholas the chaplain, Peter de Ros, Richard the clerk
of Kyrkeby, Marmeduke de Arel, Baldwin son of Ralph, Roger son of Ralph,
John de Percy, William of Ernald, Ralph de Halleri, Goselan his brother.
Abst. Lancaster, Chartulary of Fountains, ii, 460, from B.L., ADD.MS37,770
pp. 325-326, Malghum, no.4
6" x 4"
William de Percy, d. 1168 (or thereabouts)
Document undated but before 1168.
Refers to St. Wilfred of Ripon.
Magnificent large equestrian seal in red wax 3" x 2 1/2"